Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Bottle Snatcher

And so it begins. I told myself this summer I was gonna get Chantelle off of bottles all together. So far it has had its ups and downs. I stared yesterday when I went to put her down for her nap. She was not a happy little girl. She cried for about 1 hour tells she finally fell asleep with a straw cup instead of a bottle. She only slept for about an hour. She seemed to be happy for the rest of the day as far as Cory told me. Anyway, Then around 10ish when it was time to put her to bed she did well. She laid down with her cup and just played in the crib for about 1 hour until she went to bed. She slept through the night and then at 8am today she woke up. I changed her gave her more milk in a cup and she freaked out. She threw the cup out of her crib and stated throwing a big fit. I said to her in a nice calm voice that I could not do anything for her and then I gave her back her cup. Then I told her I was sorry. She usually sleeps tell about 10 and if she wakes up earlier than that in a bad mood I do not get her out of bed. She didn’t cry for very long and now she is quit. Not sure she is asleep but I think she is getting the idea that she cannot have bottles anymore. I am gonna pack them all up in a box today and hide them away. I told Cory that he may not give her a bottle at all. So I must hide them from him as well. He is a push over. I am very motivated to do this. First we get rid of the bottles and then we get her a bed. One step at a time. Its gonna be a long and bumpy road but in the end it will be okay. I am one hundred % sure that she will live through this and so will I. I am determined to not have a child on bottles at all next time. Wish me luck everyone.

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

WTG!! You can totally do it!